Monday, February 12, 2007

Napoleon in Adams Morgan

On Saturday, my friend Amy and I popped into Napoleon, a really cute new spot on Columbia Road in Adams Morgan, on our way to a wine tasting nearby. The decor is somewhat minimalist and sparse, but the space feels cozy, with lots of candles, warm and rich off-white walls, and hues of deep, ruby red, black and gold. A hefty granite bar serves as an anchor of sorts in the middle of the venue. We only popped in for a glass of wine, but I can't wait to return and try the Caesar Salad and one of the savory crepes on the menu. Other offerings include mussels, a white bean dip served with crostini, grilled fish and meats and a variety of sweet crepes. The wine list is somewhat abbreviated, but I found a few varieties I wanted to try. I ordered a Lyeth Cabernet, which was somewhat sweet and had a velvety texture. I enjoyed it. Amy had a Da Vinci Chianti Classico. I thought it was ok although a bit too tannic for my taste. I don't usually enjoy Chiantis anyhow. Napoleon is just off the 18th Street strip which keeps it a bit quieter than other locations in the neighborhood, and it seems like a perfect place to relax with a nice bottle of wine and linger over a tasty meal.

Napoleon
1847 Columbia Road in NW DC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in on Sunday. Best martini I've had in a long time. Flank steak was phenomenal.