Friday, June 29, 2007

Dynamite Combination

It may seem a bit strange, and a little random too I suppose, but I was at Mister Days (I know, not quite my usual type of haunt but still a great spot nonetheless) in Clarendon earlier this week. I arrived a lot later than some other folks, but was still in time to order off of their $2 bar menu. No one had tried the nachos, so I went ahead and tried them. For $2, it is a little ridiculous how much food you get. A huge oval platter arrived, filled with regular and blue tortilla chips topped with heaps of melted cheddar and jack cheeses, kidney beans, seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese. The flavors work fabulously together of course, and actually went perfectly with the Pinot Grigio I was having. The crispness in the wine is perfect for cutting the richness of the dish. For almost no money you can have a feast for at least a few for sure.


Mister Days
3100 Clarendon Boulevard in Arlington, VA

No comments: