Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Great Happy Hour

I was taking a break from work yesterday before having to finalize a couple of projects and popped into Viridian on my way home from Whole Foods. I had been to Viridian on other occasions, but they have changed their bar menu for the better in my opinion. They have happy hour all evening on Tuesdays, and offer a few beers by the glass as well as a Cava, white and red wine, all for $5 each. The red was a nice Merlot/Cabernet/Mourvedre blend - well-balanced and nice and fruity. There are four appetizers on offering, also for $5 each. These include a Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, a Petite Calzone, Roasted Chicken Drumettes and Mussels. I tried the mussels which were large in size and cooked perfectly. The light cream and curry sauce with garlic and sauteed onions was delicious. Definitely pop in if you are in the neighborhood.


Viridian
1515 14th Street, NW

No comments: